CSS - Safety & Maintenance
Regulatory Safety Obligations
- Business owners and operators have a responsibility to ensure a safe work environment - it starts with awareness, acceptance, and action.
- Documentation of all electrical work on electrical systems (including electrical system maintenance) in on-site facility record books.
- All electrical work (including electrical system maintenance) has an application for inspection filed with the Electrical Safety Authority before, or within, 48 hours after the commencement of work.
- OESC Rule 2-300 General Requirements for Maintenance and Operation states:
(1) All operating electrical equipment shall be kept in safe and proper working condition.
(4) Defective equipment shall either be put in good order or permanently disconnected.
Recording Electrical Maintenance Work
- Regular work records for all electrical maintenance work done at your facility will demonstrate your safety due diligence, and will be required to support inspectors in conducting regular safety audits in your facility.
- OESC Rule 2-003 Record of Electrical Installation Work defines the requirement for documentation of all electrical work on electrical systems (including electrical system maintenance) in on-site facility record books.
Assess your Facility Safety
Are you meeting your safety due diligence? Take our Facility Risk Meter assessment to see if you, your employees and your visitors’ electrical safety is at risk…
How CSS Can Help
- Our expert electrical inspectors will review your needs, and will address concerns that you have about electrical safety in your facility.
- Our inspectors will recommend a set of electrical safety services based on the unique needs of your business.
- As you document your electrical maintenance work, we inspect and record the results. We also document all other safety efforts we take together. This documentation can support you in demonstrating your safety due diligence.
Certain types of electrical wiring work are non-regulatory services offered by the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA). More information about these services...