- Safety and Technical Training
ESA Safety & Technical Training
The Electrical Safety Authority offers electrical safety and technical training based on the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
ESA’s training courses are specifically designed to offer practical guidance and clarification on electrical safety principles, safe work practices, and the implementation of complex Codes, standards and guidelines. Supervisors and workers are encouraged to continually improve their knowledge and follow safe work practices. ESA’s comprehensive knowledge of electrical harms is fundamental to the development of effective training solutions that will influence worker behaviour. Training is an effective risk reduction solution.
To meet your training needs ESA offers instructor-led, self-directed, and eLearning opportunities. Public and on-site courses are available!
Ontario Electrical Safety Code (26th Edition/2015) Training
ESA is offering OESC training that highlights key changes to the Ontario Electrical Safety Code. For OESC course registration and schedule information click here.
Safety Awareness Training
- designed to keep employees safe.
- helps employers demonstrate due diligence.
- designed for electricians, contractors and consultants.
- based on the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- saves money on call-backs and improves electrical safety.
- designed for consultants and electricians.
- provides in-depth knowledge for complex topics.
Ontario Fire College - Solar Photovoltaic Systems, Wind Turbines, and Fire Fighter Safety Course
Training is an effective risk reduction solution. ESA's training courses are specifically designed to offer guidance and clarification regarding electrical safety principles and safe work practices. Courses are continually being developed to meet evolving training needs.
Registration for a half-day public course is $164 + HST per person. Registration for a full-day course is $324 + applicable taxes per person. On-site training courses are available for $2,264 (half-day) and $4,569 (full-day) + applicable taxes for up to 25 participants.
2. The Electrical Safety Authority (the “ESA”) is committed to maintaining the accuracy, security and privacy of personal information in accordance with applicable Canadian privacy laws and ESA’s Privacy and Access Code (the “Code”). The ESA’s Code, which forms part of the Administrative Agreement between the ESA and the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, prevents ESA from releasing an individual’s personal information to a third party without their written consent. To obtain a copy of our Consent to Release Statement - Third Party Request for Information form please use the link below.
PDF files located on this page must be viewed or printed with the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Simply click on a PDF document if you have the software installed on your computer.
If you need to install the free reader, click the "Get Adobe reader" icon and follow the instructions for either Macintosh or PC platforms.