Ontario Electrical Safety Code Training
Ontario Electrical Safety Code (26th Edition/2015)
Starting February 2016, ESA will be offering training courses to provide the electrical industry with an overview of new and amended requirements of the OESC (26th Edition) which comes into effect May 2016. To ensure that the unique needs of our customers are addressed, ESA offers three courses on the new OESC:
General – Level 1
- Covers Rule changes in “general” sections of the OESC
- Focuses on highest impact changes
- Designed for all sectors except HVAC
- Individuals are strongly encouraged to attend a General - Level 1 course prior to registering for the General – Level 2 course
General – Level 2
- Covers lower impact Rule changes in “general” sections of the OESC
- Includes more application examples (e.g. voltage drop)
- Explores some supplementary and amendatory section changes including:
- Hazardous Locations
- Fixed Electric Heating Systems
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Covers OESC requirements for residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment
ESA is offering the General Level 1, General Level 2 and HVAC Installations courses both in the classroom and through computer based training in an online learning environment.
Online - The registration window for online OESC courses is open. All registrations will be processed within 3 business days. The registration fee is $95.00 + HST per person to enrol in the on-line course.
Classroom - The classroom course registration window is now open. The registration fee is $164.00 + HST per person to attend.
Step 1: Select a Course
Register for the course by completing the Course Registration Form or contact 1-877-ESA-SAFE (372-7233). Please select “Option 6”, when prompted, to reach one of our Training Customer Service Representatives.
Step 2: Register for a Course
To register for an ESA Ontario Electrical Safety Code (26th Edition/2015) course, please complete the “Course Registration Form”. Payment is required at the time of registration. If your method of payment is by credit card or ESA account, please include the applicable credit information and fax or mail the completed form to the fax number/address noted in the top right corner of the form. If you are paying by cheque, please mail the completed form with your cheque (payable to Electrical Safety Authority) to the address noted on the form.
Step 3: Purchase a copy of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code (26th Edition/2015)
The OESC (26th Edition/2015) is available for purchase through CSA Group or by phone 1-800-463-6727.
Step 4: Attend the Course
Be sure to bring the following items with you when attending the classroon course:
- 2015 Ontario Electrical Safety Code (hardcopy, pdf or digital version)
A learner guide will be provided.
Training is a non-regulatory service offered by the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA). More information about these services...