Ontario Electrical Safety Code Training
Ontario Electrical Safety Code (27th Edition/2018)
Starting March 2019, ESA will be offering training courses to provide the electrical industry with an overview of new and amended requirements of the OESC (27th Edition) which comes into effect May 2019. To ensure that the unique needs of our customers are addressed, ESA offers three courses on the new OESC:
General – Level 1
Covers highest impact rule changes in the OESC including:
- Requirements for bonding and grounding in Section 10 have been reorganized and reduced in size with changes that will improve safety and simplify installations
- Expanded use of Tamper-resistant receptacles in educational facilities and hotels/motels
- Requirements for installing an identified (neutral) conductor at each control (switch) location of permanently installed luminaire
- Providing adequate working space for electrical workers to undertake necessary repairs, maintenance and installation of transformers greater than 50kVA
- Prohibiting the installation of cables in concealed locations in corrugated roof decking
General – Level 2
Covers lower impact and specialized rule changes in the OESC including:
- Reinstatement of non-incendive protection and updates to intrinsically safe installations in hazardous locations
- Additional field marking requirements for maximum continuous loading
- Added requirements for Energy Storage Systems
- Facilitating the use of Power over Ethernet to provide a pathway for sources of electricity
- Covers OESC requirements for residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment
ESA is offering the General Level 1, General Level 2 and HVAC Installations courses both in the classroom and through computer based training in an online learning environment.
TRAINING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Classroom and Online Training Available
Classroom and Online Training begins March 11, 2019
To find a course near you and to download the registration form,
Step 1: Find a Course Near You
Step 2: Register for a Course
To register for an ESA Ontario Electrical Safety Code (27th Edition/2018) course, please complete the “Course Registration Form” or contact 1-877-ESA-SAFE (372-7233). Please select “Option 6”, when prompted, to reach one of our Training Customer Service Representatives. Payment is required at the time of registration. If your method of payment is by credit card or ESA account, please include the applicable credit information and fax or mail the completed form to the fax number/address noted in the top right corner of the form. If you are paying by cheque, please mail the completed form with your cheque (payable to Electrical Safety Authority) to the address noted on the form.
Step 3: Purchase a copy of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code (27th Edition/2018)
The OESC (27th Edition/2018) is available for purchase through CSA Group or by phone 1-800-463-6727.
Step 4: Attend the Course
Be sure to bring the following items with you when attending the classroon course:
- 2018 Ontario Electrical Safety Code (hardcopy, pdf or digital version)
A learner guide will be provided.
Training is a non-regulatory service offered by the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA). More information about these services...