- Display your Licence
Requirements to Display Your Licence
Ontario Regulation 570/05 requires that an electrical contractor prominently display their Licence number in all situations where they are communicating with the public within 90 days of the date of issuance of their licence. This includes all correspondence, contracts, advertisements, yellow page listings, websites and business vehicles.
Guidelines for Display/Placement
The following are the guidelines for the display (placement) of the Electrical Contractor Licence number on vehicles when your company name is displayed:
- Minimum size is one inch high
- Must be in either black or white lettering so that the licence number is easily visible
- Can be on the back of the truck or on both sides
- Must say ECRA/ESA Lic or ECRA/ESA before the number unless the ECRA/ESA logo is incorporated into the design
- If the name of the company does not appear on the vehicle then the ECRA/ESA logo may not be used
If using the ECRA/ESA logo it must meet the following criteria:
- ECRA/ESA’s logo will appear in black & white or colour
- ECRA/ESA’s logo and approved wording will not be altered in any way
- ECRA/ESA’s logo and approved wording will not be interfered with by Contractor logo
- ECRA/ESA’s logo must be in close proximity to Contractor logo, so as not to appear to stand alone
- Must ensure logo is used in accordance with Schedule A: Licensed Electrical Contractor Logo Use
The Contractor is responsible for 100% of all co-advertising expenses.
The Electrical Contractor Registration Agency of the Electrical Safety Authority (ECRA/ESA) considers it to be in the interest of electrical safety that the public be readily able to identify and recognize Licensed Electrical Contractors.
2. CONDITIONS OF USE
The Licensed Electrical Contractor agrees to the following terms and conditions of use of the ECRA/ESA logo:
(i) The Electrical Contractor acknowledges that ESA owns all right, title and interest in the ECRA/ESA logo, and that the consent of ESA to the use of the ECRA/ESA logo by the Licensed Electrical Contractor does not constitute a transfer of any rights of ESA as the registered owner of the trademark.
(ii) The Electrical Contractor shall only be entitled to use the ECRA/ESA logo if the Licensed Electrical Contractor is in compliance with Ontario Regulation 570/05.
(iii) Upon suspension or revocation of the ECRA/ESA Electrical Contractor License, this agreement is terminated and the right of the Electrical Contractor to use the ECRA/ESA logo is revoked. The Licensed Electrical Contractor shall remove the ECRA/ESA logo from any material or property on which the ECRA/ESA logo is displayed immediately upon receipt of notice of such suspension/revocation.
(iv) The ECRA/ESA Licensed Electrical Contractor agrees to indemnify and save ESA, its directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns from any liability whatsoever, including legal costs, arising from the use of the ECRA/ESA logo by the Licensed Electrical Contractor.
(v) Nothing in this agreement shall prevent ESA from changing the ECRA/ESA logo or any other registered trademark of ESA without notice.
3. ADVERTISING STANDARDS
All advertising will comply with the Advertising Standards in effect from time to time and currently as set out in the Guidelines for placement of the Electrical Contractor Licence number on vehicles.