Contractor Licensing Regulation
On January 1, 2018, changes to Ontario Regulation 570/05 Licensing of Electrical Contractors and Master Electricians come into effect. These changes follow consultation with the industry.
The key changes are:
- Removal of references to the now out of date provisional licensing requirements
- Corrected errors in the regulation
- Clarified existing licensing requirements
- Aligned the regulation with other laws including the Electricity Act
- The proposed changes will not affect ESA’s licensing administration or processes
The proposed changes will not affect Licensees’ or ESA’s licensing administration or processes. All licensing requirements remain the same. The majority of the changes involve the removal of references to the now out-of-date provisional licensing requirements, correction of any errors in the regulation, clarification of existing licensing requirements and alignment of the regulation with other laws including the Electricity Act.
More information on Contractor Licensing: