ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR LICENSING QUESTIONS
- How do I verify that my application has been completed in full before I submit it to ECRA/ESA?
There are checklists provided on the second page of the application forms. Please make sure that you have included all the required information/documentation from the checklist before submitting your application to ECRA/ESA or you risk having it sent back as incomplete.
- Does a Sole Proprietor require a Ministry for Revenue number?
Any contractor who is in the business of selling products is required to have a Ministry for Revenue number.
- What will my Contractor’s Licence look like?
A sample of the Contractor's Licence can be viewed by clicking here
- Do HVAC Contractors need an Electrical Contractor Licence?
HVAC contractors do not need an Electrical Contractor’s Licence at this time to perform work which is permitted under their qualification as defined by the Ontario College of Trades.
- Can I renew my Master Electrician and/or Electrical Contractor’s Licence(s) over the phone?
No. You must complete the renewal form(s) and attach the requested documents with payment in order to renew your licence. Please forward them to the address shown on the header of the form(s) thirty days before the actual expiration date of the licence. This process ensures your renewal will be completed in an efficient and timely manner.